It’s not long now until the Edinburgh Festivals (yes, there is more than one festival, in fact, there are dozens) kick-off this August in 2013.
You may think that it’s a bit too late in the year to get a last minute deal but don’t worry, there are loads of great beds in great hotels available at great prices.
To give those visitors who have never been to Edinburgh for the summer a bit of local advice, I have taken a look at the room rates available in the city centre for a weekend in mid-August (9th – 11th) – great hotel deals are available throughout the month but I’ve just chosen this weekend as an example of what’s available.
So, let’s begin. These accommodation providers are all central (within a short walking distance of Edinburgh city centre) and offer real value-for-money;
- The West End Hotel Edinburgh – this is actually more of a hostel, with some large dorm rooms available alongside double/twin rooms. The hotel has a lovely and lively bar, and is located in Edinburgh’s smart West End, putting it near Haymarket Train Station.
- Haggis Hostel – this well-run hostel is bang in the city centre – it’s literally a 60 second walk from here to Edinburgh Waverley Train Station. The hostel is on the 3rd floor of a building so not suited to those with walking difficulties, but other than that it offers a friendly and comfortable stay for those on a budget.
- Panda Villa B&B – if you’d prefer a comfy stay in a lovely B&B then check out the Panda Villa. This accommodation is a little further away from the city centre, but only a short bus journey away from all the action if you can’t be bothered walking. You’ll be treated very well here, as the reviews confirm. If you want to escape from all the noise of the festivals then why not chillax in the B&B’s lovely garden.
- A-Haven Townhouse Hotel – this is a fab hotel towards the east end of Edinburgh. This pretty townhouse is on great bus routes into town and load lots of green spaces if you fancy a picnic in a park. The hotel has its own parking for guests – which can save a lot of money and time on a stay in Edinburgh as street parking can be expensive and tricky to find. Plus, the breakfasts here are fab.
- Allison House Hotel – if you’d prefer a bit more luxury in a hotel setting, and at great rates, then take a good look at the Allison House Hotel in the city’s southside. Reviews for Allison House are great, many mention the large size of the rooms and the warm welcome you’ll receive from the friendly staff. 4-Star comforts are available for all at fab rates.
For all the greatest hotel deals in Edinburgh this year, simply use the search box on the left to compare room rates across all the leading hotel booking websites in an instant – guaranteeing the best possible rates.