Right, so now that the Biffy Clyro have been announced to headline Edinburgh’s Hogmanay (New Year’s Eve) celebrations, this is the time to book your accommodation to get the best deals and to make sure you get a bed for the night.
If you’re not a fan of the 11 million record selling artist, don’t worry, there’s a shed load of other gigs, parties, events and activities going on across Edinburgh for the 3 days of the Edinburgh Hogmanay celebrations.
Okay, so let’s get on to the deals. If you know what you’re looking for then get started searching for your accommodation using the search box on the left-hand side of this screen. By searching here you can compare room rates across all the leading hotel booking websites all at once – saving you loads of cash and time. If you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for in Edinburgh for this New Year then check out the tips below for some local knowledge and inspiration;
- Edinburgh has a fab bus network so you don’t have to stay in the city centre and pay the higher room rates. Stay near a good bus route and you’ll be nipping in and out of
- the street events in no time from your accommodation.
- Edinburgh has loads of apartments for rent – they offer loads of privacy and space, and are often much cheaper than hotels. Plus, they are great for groups looking to socialise.
- Book your accommodation as soon as you can. Prices only get higher the longer you wait.
- Prepare to come for a few days. Accommodation providers in Edinburgh typically require a 3 night minimum stay over Hogmanay/New Year.
- Edinburgh is open every day – although the 1st and 2nd of January is a national holiday in Scotland, Edinburgh will be buzzing every day, with bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops open as normal.
- I can guarantee you that it will be cold in Edinburgh this Hogmanay so make sure you wrap up warm. If you really don’t like the cold make sure you book accommodation not too far from the Princes Street activities.
Enjoy your stay in Edinburgh and I hope you get the chance to see the magnificent Lily Allen. I hope to see you at one of the parties whilst you are here.
Tip: By searching for Edinburgh accommodation using the search box on the left you will compare room rates across all the leading hotel booking sites all at once – saving time and money.