After another hugely successful Edinburgh Hogmanay (see great new video below from Hogmanay 2012/13), now is the time to book your accommodation for Edinburgh Hogmanay 2013/2014. FYI – Hogmanay is what we call New Year’s Eve here in Scotland.
Edinburgh’s Hogmanay celebrations start on the 30th December and end on the 1st of January. These three days are full of parties, events, fireworks and fun.
I’ve already started receiving enquiries for accommodation bookings for Hogmanay 2014 so if you are keen to visit grab an accommodation bargain before someone else done. Edinburgh has a limited number of hotels, apartments, guest houses and B&Bs so get booking as soon as your organised.
To help you get organised I’ve put together 7 Tips For Edinburgh Hogmanay 2013/2014 Accommodation. Let’s begin;
- Tip 1: Book as early as you possibly can to get the cheapest deals on New Year’s Eve rooms.
- Tip 2: Book accommodation as near the city centre as possible. Edinburgh has a fantastic bus network to get you out of the city centre but it’s very cold here at Hogmanay and not a lot of fun waiting for public transport in Winter.
- Tip 3: Check out some of the fantastic apartments available in the city centre. If you are travelling in a group you will save a lot of money.
- Tip 4: Stay a while. Lots of hotels and apartments require guests to stay a minimum of 3, 4 or 5 nights over Hogmanay 2014. Edinburgh is busy over the whole of December and the start of January so there is plenty to see and do over a few days – all the shops, bars and attractions are busy.
- Tip 5: If you are driving to Edinburgh then try and book accommodation with parking. On street parking in Edinburgh city centre can be very difficult to find and can be very expensive for parking fees.
- Tip 6: The Street Party in Edinburgh involves a lot of standing about in the street listening to music. If this doesn’t sound like your idea of fun then take a look at booking a table in a restaurant, hotel or bar for midnight on the 31st. Send me a message telling me what type of venue you’d like to stay at and I’ll make some recommendations.
- Tip 7: Make sure you purchase tickets for The Street Party and other major events from the official Edinburgh Hogmanay website – click here. Tickets typically become available for purchase in September but please register for official Edinburgh Hogmanay updates here. Book accommodation near your event.
If you need any further advice or have any questions at all about visiting Edinburgh then please contact me using the form here and I’ll do my best to respond as quickly and fully as possible.
I hope you can make it to Edinburgh Hogmanay 2013/14 as I’m sure it will be as fun as ever. I’ll be updating this blog throughout the year with news on what’s planned for Edinburgh’s Hogmanay so please keep reading, Jill.