Let’s get things straight there is no Edinburgh Festival 2014. There are hundreds of festivals across Edinburgh throughout 2014. However, I guess you are looking to visit Edinburgh in July or August when all the major festivals are taking place such as the Edinburgh International Festival, Festival Fringe, and The Military Tattoo.
So to help you grab a great accommodation deal for Edinburgh Festival(s) 2014 I have taken a look at what’s on offer already for July and August and picked out some of the best places to stay for value-for-money.
Tip: Book your accommodation as early as possible! And remember that Edinburgh’s Festivals run every day of the week through August, not just at weekends, it may be cheaper to stay Monday to Friday.
Let’s begin with some cracking places to stay at super-low room rates;
- Edinburgh Central Hostel – one of the flagship hostels in Scotland. All rooms are ensuite and the hostel enjoys a smart cafe and bar. Plus there’s loads of help on hand from the staff for guidance on what to do and see. Oh, and the hostel is only a short walk from Princes Street.
- Smart City Hostels Edinburgh - this hostel boasts a 5 star rating and is perfectly located in the centre of Edinburgh’s Old Town. The hostel is VERY lively during August and is also a venue for loads of free comedy gigs.
- Tune Hotel Haymarket - this is our first proper hotel on the list and these guys specialise in offering smart rooms at ultra low rates. Located directly across from Haymarket train station, Tune Hotel is brilliantly well connected and only a 10 minute walk from Princes Street. Take a look at this place right now!
- Smart at iQ Hostel Edinburgh - Edinburgh is a University city and come August many of the scholars head home. This leaves loads of student properties left empty for the summer. However, the smart guys at iQ take over loads of student properties and rent them out at budget rates to visitors to the Festivals. All rooms are modern and comfortable. Take your pick from a wide range of accommodation options – particularly if you are visiting in a large group on a tight budget.
- Novotel Hotel Edinburgh Park – I keep banging on about this hotel because it’s such great value. You get 4 star service and facilities, plus you are only a very short train ride from outside the hotel to the city centre. Check this place out if you like a bit of luxury at pleasantly low rates.
Tip: use the search box below to compare hotel and apartment rates for Edinburgh in 201, guaranteeing you the best deals here in town.