bespoke [bɪˈspəʊk] – made to the customer’s specifications.
We are familiar with bespoke suits and fashion, and even bespoke software, but what is a bespoke hotel? A bespoke hotel is somewhere that goes a further than most to provide guests with exactly what they want.
We are fortunate in Edinburgh to have several great bespoke hotels. Below we reveal 5 of our favourite bespoke hotels and we explain what actually makes each one bespoke.
- The Howard Hotel is a discreet 5-Star hotel tucked away on a cobbled street in Edinburgh’s New Town. There are only 18 rooms and suites in the hotel’s Georgian buildings. The Howard is a bespoke hotel as it has a team of butlers who look after each guest’s every whim. If you need a bath drawn in the middle of the night, or require some last minute gift shopping, one of the butlers is on hand to provide you with what you want.
- The Hotel Du Vin in Edinburgh is a recently opened hotel in the city’s Old Town. The hotel is located on the site of the former city asylum. The hotel has 47 elegant bedrooms and suites, a bistro and mezzanine bar, unique events rooms for business or private dining, cigar bothy, whisky snug, and an outstanding wine cellar. As well as being a fabulous hotel the Hotel Du Vin offers bespoke wine tasting courses. The hotel’s sommelier will take you on a unique journey to learn about and experience wines from every corner of the globe. These sessions are ideal for company away days, family events or any group of passionate wine lovers.
- Prestonfield House Hotel is one of the grandest hotel in Edinburgh. Originally built as the home of Edinburgh’s Lord Provost, this country house in the middle of the city is truly unique. Plush interiors, fascinating antiques and modern media technology make Prestonfield a magnificent place to stay. For the ultimate in private and bespoke dining Prestonfield’s smallest Salon Privé is a luxurious retreat for just two guests. Hidden off of a stone turret stair, this glamorous and romantic opera box of a room is a perfect hide-away with your waiter just a bell-call away.
- Dunstane House Hotel offers boutique accommodation at very affordable rates. The hotel is in the west end of Edinburgh and has just gone through a major refurbishment. The bar, restaurant and menu have been remodeled. Three new luxury bedrooms have been added. However, the hotel’s excellent customer service and relaxed atmosphere very much remain. Many of the hotel’s features are bespoke designs produced by local craftsmen. Interior lighting, wallpaper and cabinets are just a few things you will only find inside this charming and luxurious hotel.
- The George Hotel is an iconic 4-Star hotel on George Street, in the very centre of Edinburgh’s shopping and nightlife district. The George has recently been refurbished and restyled into the glamorous and fashionable 249-room hotel it is today. The George Hotel is very much a bespoke hotel in every aspect, but in particular when it comes to meetings, conference and weddings. If you hold an event at The George you will be given a dedicated conference team who will manage every step of the event process for you, and they will strive to make sure your event exactly meets your specifications.