The Edinburgh hotel market changes quickly, new serviced apartments open up every month, and cheap hotels are transformed into stylish budget accommodation at as fast a rate. 2015 looks to be a very exciting year for Edinburgh, with the summer festivals being enlarged and extended to host more venues, shows and audiences.
You may already be aware of some of the superb cheap hotels Edinburgh has to offer – there are loads of them, you’ll be delighted to hear – but I wanted to bring to your attention, bargain hunters, a few of the recent and upcoming hotel developments coming to this fine city.
These 5 hotels I’ve highlighted below offer great-value-for-money as well as offering guests a stylish and elegant experience. Anyway, let’s crack on with my 5 New Cheap Hotels Edinburgh For 2015 (in no particular order).
- Stay Central Hotel on Edinburgh’s Cowgate is a newly refurbished property, with a smart cool youth feel to it. Great bargains by had hear for groups by reserving one or more of the hotel’s 6-bed rooms. The hotel is right at the centre of Edinburgh’s vibrant nightlife, and has its own busy bar and budget restaurant. The hotel has put a quirky twist on things, with characterful rooms and interesting fitness offerings (urban gym and cycle tours). Get in now before the word gets out to the rest of the world and their mother.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre – this was the old Point Hotel which had seen better days, but now it has been transformed into the very nice and very affordable DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre (quite a mouthful but certainly worth taking a look at for great room rates). The hotel is very central, as the name suggests, and is only a short walk from the Edinburgh Exhibition Centre – some of the rooms and suites have views of Edinburgh Castle. The hotel boasts its own Brasserie and entertaining bar (there’s also a gym to burn off all the excess from the restaurant and bar). This hotel is guaranteed to be a rip-roaring success in 2015, get some of the bargain action and get it booked.
- Ocean Hostel – if you haven’t explored Leith yet then take a look at the supremely cheap Ocean Hostel for a cheap stay. For thos of you who don’t know, Leith is a town to the east of Edinburgh. The place of leith is a bit rough around the edges but the nightlife is great, with proper pubs and some of the finest restaurants in the Western hemisphere – I joke you not, just check out the Michelin starred restaurants down by the Shore area of Leith. The hostel itself is bright, basic and clean.
- Cloudberry Apartment – this property offers a truly unique stay as its the only one available on this site. The site is in the lovely Prestonfield corner of Edinburgh, in the south side of the city. Inside this 4-star Victorian property you can enjoy free WiFi throughout and a car parkave you a wee fortune in Edinburgh. the 2-bed apartment sleeeps 1- 4 people with the option of an extra bed for a fifth person. By staying here you’re only a mile from the Royal Mile and a short stroll to Arthur’s Seat and Holyrood Park. Oh, and just across the road is the new refurbished Royal Commonwealth Swimming Pool, which is great for kiddies (there’s a soft-play too).
- Fettes Apartments – just north of Edinburgh city you’ll find the very affordable and very fun Fettes Apartments. They are, of course, just a short way from the famous Fettes School. The property I’m suggesting you look at is an elegant modern townhouse, which has its own roof garden – ideal for those long summer nights and for looking out at the gorgeous Edinburgh skyline. The house is an ideal base for families or groups with two double bedrooms, one bedroom with two single beds and three luxurious bathrooms. The accommodation provides luxurious surroundings and lots of technology for your tech-minded guests. Free on-site parking is available which will save you a good whack of change – lov
To be sure of getting the very best room deal in these cool and budget hotels, make sure to use our search tool (see above). Our search technology compares bargain room rates across 100s of travel websites all at once so that you’re guaranteed the lowest online rate. Please try us today. Jill, xxxx.