Edinburgh is a hugely popular place to visit but this can make things a bit more expensive as so many visitors battle for the best deals on transport, attraction tickets and accommodation. But there are loads of ways to save loads of money on your trip to Edinburgh if you just know where to look and if you have some local insider knowledge – and this is where I can step in to help you save more cash to spend on all the luxurious things to do in Scotland’s capital city.
Below are my 10 Easy Ways To Save Money On A Holiday To Edinburgh;
- Buy an Edinburgh Pass for great discounts on attraction tickets and transport deals.
- If you are heading up from down south by train (that’s from London or anywhere else on the east coast of the UK) make sure you book your tickets directly from East Coast Trains – they guarantee to offer the cheapest train tickets anywhere. BONUS Tip: the cheapest train tickets are available 3 months before departure date so sign-up for alerts on when these deals come on sale.
- If you are driving to Edinburgh make sure to book a hotel with free onsite parking. On street and multi-storey parking in the centre of Edinburgh can be very difficult to find and very expensive.
- Sign-up for all the best local deals on Groupon, LivingSocial, Itson and DealMonster.
- Check out one of Edinburgh’s fantastic Community Cafes for a friendly, cheap and good-cause supporting meal or snack.
- Make sure you get the best online deal available on accommodation by using the search box on the left-hand side of this website. By searching you’ll compare room rates across all the leading hotel booking websites at once.
- Make sure to check a look at all the excellent FREE things to do in Edinburgh – such as Edinburgh’s Galleries and the National Museums.
- Discover the city on one of the excellent free walking tours such as Sandeman’s. Or just explore the city on your own, just head to the hills (Calton Hill or Arthur’s Seat) to get a better view of the cityscape.
- Looking at some of the great apartment deals available for visitors. Edinburgh has a huge number of serviced-apartments available, with something for everyone from the solo-traveller to the large stag-party groups. Apartments are often cheaper than hotels and offer guests the chance to drink and dine in before heading out to explore Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh has a superb bus network that will whisk you around this fab city. For great deals on travel to and from the airport, for open-top bus tours and city-wide travel head to the Lothian Buses website.
Make sure to get best deals on Edinburgh accommodation using the search tool on the left. Search and you’ll compare room rates across all the leading hotel booking websites.