Welcome to Edinburgh Hotel Deals, we are a team of hotel booking experts based here in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is our job to find the very Edinburgh hotel deals and to blog about all the great things there are to see and do in this great city.
My name is Jill Ferguson and I head up the Edinburgh Hotel Deals Team. Please contact me if you need any help planning your accommodation or activities here in Scotland’s capital city.
Whether you are coming here for the Edinburgh Festival, for Edinburgh’s Hogmanay, for a business conference, for a world-tour, for a party weekend or for any other purpose, we are here to help you get the right accommodation for you and at the lowest possible rate.
Edinburgh Hotel Deals – Save Time And Money!
We specialise in helping all types of groups – family groups, stag and hen parties, school trips, shoppers, sports fans, romantic couple or any other groups. As we are based locally we know the local hotels, hostels, apartments, guest houses, and Bed & Breakfasts, and can find accommodation to suit your needs.
Not only do we provide a friendly and local service, we also supply the latest technology to you allowing you to search across hundreds of leading hotel booking websites and guaranteeing you the lowest possible online rates for Edinburgh hotel deals. Yes, that’s guaranteed!
Edinburgh is a fantastic city to visit at any time of the year. Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, The Royal Mile, Camera Obscura, The National Galleries and The Scottish Parliament are some of the more popular places to visit. However, there loads of less well known quirky, curious, scintillating and thrilling places to visit too – and you can find more info on these peculiar places by visiting our local blog. Also check below for our guide to Edinburgh.
Contact us today to see how we can save you money and time.
Thanks, Jill and The Edinburgh Hotel Deals Team.
Guide to Edinburgh
Edinburgh has a compact and fascinating city centre. On the Southside is the medieval Old Town built along the historic Royal Mile. Slightly further North is the elegant New Town of Edinburgh, which spreads out in an organised manner form Princes Street and George Street. The Old Town sits next to the New Town and it’s important visitors check out both parts. We offer the best Edinburgh hotel deals from all parts of the city, and beyond.
Other Edinburgh Neighbourhoods To Visit
For those who like to explore beyond the city centre we’d like to highlight a few neighbourhoods worth exploring. Leith is a popular part of the city for those looking for lively bars and world-class restaurants. Portobello is Edinburgh by the sea, and jam packed with relaxed restaurants and independent retailers. Stockbridge is one of the prettiest areas of the city, and again, full of great places to eat and unique shops.
Tips For Saving Money On Edinburgh Accommodation
- Look outside the city centre for some great Edinburgh hotel deals. Our city has a great tram, bus and rail network that will whisk you from your near toy hotel straight into the city centre in no time at all.
- Book as early as possible. Edinburgh is busy throughout the year so the sooner you can book the better the deal you’ll get on your room.
- Be flexible on your dates. Edinburgh has events and festivals going on throughout the year. Check out here whet’s going on and try to avoid any very busy weekends, for example when big rugby matches or music concerts are on.
- Check out some of the great Edinburgh hotel deals available at the new budget boutique hotels in the city centre. They offer lots of style and innovation at prices you really wouldn’t expect.
Top Attractions To Visit In Edinburgh
There are some places you really should visit in Edinburgh. Below are the top attractions in Edinburgh to see.
- Edinburgh Castle – the must-visit attraction in Edinburgh. Be sure to leave a few hours to look around the whole site. The castle is a great place to take photos from for great views across the city centre. Also, watch out for the 1pm gun – it can give quite a fright if you’re nearby and don’t realise it’s about to go off.
- The Royal Yacht Britannia – now the country’s most visited attraction. I was never too drawn towards it but now I’ve had a look around I can see the appeal. The beauty of the yacht is astounding and its history is fascinating. Also a great place to have lunch or dinner – very stylish.
- Arthur’s Seat – for the best view of Edinburgh, the mountains and the sea, take a walk up Arthur’s Seat. This is the highest point in Edinburgh city. It’s quite a hard walk but worth the effort. You’ll easily find it, just look up!
- Calton Hill – this is a much easier walk up a hill, and even more central. The walk won’t take you long at all, just head to the east end of Princess Street, bear Waverley train station, and you’ll find Calton Hill. There are are also a few attractions to see at the top such as Nelson’s Monument and the Collective Gallery.
- The Scottish Parliament
- Holyrood Palace
- Camera Obscura
Where To Visit Outside Edinburgh
If you’d like to get out of Edinburgh for a day trip then I’d suggest you take a look at visiting some of our favourite places list below. And remember, by using our search tool above we at Edinburgh Hotel Deals can help you find the very best room rates at ll of these locations, and at all locations across Scotland. Just give us a try and see how we can save you time and money.
- St Andrews
- Linlithgow Palace – the birth place of Mary Queen of Scots is now a ruin but sits in a picturesque location on overlooking a beautiful loch and park.
- North Berwick
- Ellie – Ellie in Fife has become the place where the wealthy of Edinburgh go to when they want a relaxing break away from the city. In less than an hour’s drive north from Edinburgh you’ll find Ellie, a small fishing town with a gorgeous beach and bay. The town today has lots of independent shops and restaurants. The harbour originates from the 16th century and welcomes yachts, boats and windsurfers. There are also a number of excellent and affordable golf courses nearby.